|The benefits to being a member of the AMEA are numerous:
- Recognized Professional Designations - More and more lending institutions are asking for appraisals from certified and accredited appraisers, when the value of assets is needed for capital equipment and many more are asking specifically if the appraiser is AMEA certified.
- Timely News - The AMEA publishes quarterly the AMEA Appraiser newsletter. It highlights association activities, important updates on standards, and specific information on capital equipment appraisals. In addition, the newsletter is distributed to banks and lending institutions, which keeps AMEA in front of potential clients.
- Continuing Education Opportunities - Whether it’s at the annual MDNA convention, a standalone AMEA seminar, USPAP, USPAP online appraisal courses or through the continuing education section of the web site’s back office, the AMEA strives to provide its members with a variety of education opportunities to enhance their business.
- Referrals to Clients – Through our free referral service, the AMEA is able to gather specific information from potential clients and disseminate it to all members.
- Networking – The industry contacts made through membership in the AMEA will prove to be invaluable to those in the appraisal industry. By attending conventions, meetings, and seminars, members gain a wealth of education and contacts that enhance their resume and appraisal business.
- Discounts – Members receive discounts on AMEA seminars, MDNA convention, and trade shows.
In order to receive the professional designation as an AMEA Accredited or Certified Appraiser and to enjoy the membership benefits such as networking, referrals, continuing education and the qualifications required by most lending institutions. You must begin the process of gaining the experience and education needed to do the job. This usually means working in the used equipment sales industry for a minimum of 3 years learning the value of assets and the various methodology of selling them. This process never ends, you will constantly learn as the marketplace adapts to current conditions.